View the Archives | Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Friday, November 07, 2008

Ingrates!

We're sailing south, a long trip, and Gesa comes up on deck having spent some time preparing a bite for the kids. Since she finds it hard to work down in the galley when at sea, this is a particular labour of love.

"The delacacies I prepare for our kids," she tells me, "mushroom, cucumber, smoked salmon and crackers"
"And I'm sure they were grateful for it", I say hopefully.
"Nope, the first thing Issie said was 'what took you so long, Mummy'."

Sigh. One day they'll thank us, but I'm not holding my breath for the next fifteen years.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!

I say we feed them liver and onions when they are here. They can join Aiden in protesting, see how far it really gets them!

9:12 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home