View the Archives | Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Monday, May 26, 2008

Meanwhile, up in Milford...

Gesa writes to us every day with what's happening up there in Michigan, so I thought I'd share that with our readers... This is Saturday 24th.

All had a good day today. Plenty of playing and running around, with only a
few discipline issues. Kids get on great. Glad the timing of our arrival
coincides with the Memorial Day Weekend (coincidentally, also My Bank
Holiday in the UK). This means that Charles is around, and has been off
since Friday, which has let him relax more.

I did the grocery shop with Jen and was just overwhelmed by the choice of
things. I have never seen so many cake mixes or icings (not even in Canada,
but maybe things have changed?!).

The kids planted seeds and Max, of course, played with his boats in the paddling pool and in the bath
tonight. We walked to Grace's school at the end of the road for a little
play in their playground. By noon it was actually hot outside and I
missed not being able to jump into the water to cool down. Issie was back
on a bike, but in her usual know it all tone, screams and cries, blamed me,
of course, for not being able to ride it properly. The pedals do not go
backwards. Once I managed to explain this to her (she was not a willing
listener) she did get it, but still grumped at one thing or another, which
earner her a time out and no bike for the rest of the day. Despite her
begging later that afternoon, I did not give in.

We are all so exhausted and did not manage an early bedtime, but far more
reasonable than the last few nights. I promised a quarter to the first person who fell asleep. Max fiddled for a
long time, but Issie was the queen of 'sleeping lions' although probably not asleep first and
won my vote. I in fact fell asleep with them for a bit. I am shattered.
The 'Ring of Fire' beer probably didn't help!! Beer with hot red pepper.
It is actually very good! Once I am done this, and reading email, will drag myself back upstairs too. Jen and Charles
have also turned in. Issie will then be moved into the double airmatress in
Grace's room with Grace, and Max will stay with me.

Max lost his second tooth. I think it happened while we were brushing
his teeth. Unfortunately, we think it fell down the sink. So, another note
to the tooth fairy!!!

Getting too long. Off to a flea market of some sort tomorrow with picnic
(Jen is working). BBQ and parade on Monday. Plenty to do.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see:

http://www.sailmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home