View the Archives | Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Monday, February 26, 2007

Quick trip to Sweden

I popped over to Gothenburg for a day and a night to do a little work for a client of mine whose headquarters are in the city, and have dinner together.

It was a fun, and productive, trip; Gothenburg is a very attractive city, clean and efficient as well as interesting - Max would have loved the trams.

My client recommended a hotel, which I booked - the four masted barque 'Viking' which is moored downtown and has been converted into an excellent hotel / restuarant / conference venue.

I only needed a simple bed for the night, so booked the basic cabin, which got me a lovely narrow room with fold down bed in the best nautical style. Unbelievably, I was the only guest, and had a very enjoyable breakfast for one at the table in reception whilst five lovely blonde Swedish ladies hovered around catering to almost every need. Apparently they are much busier in the summer....

If you are ever in the city, then visit their website

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home