View the Archives | Subscribe to Posts [Atom]

Friday, July 10, 2009

Engine fixed - let's go!

So we got the engine problem repaired, relatively simple once we found the right mechanic - experience and the correct tools make all the difference.

Today we cast off the lines once more and head for Vancouver itself, a chance to visit the city, meet friends and, hopefully, meet up with Gesa's sister who will be there briefly as part of her flying rota, she works with Air Canada.

Time to go sailing, yipee!


Blogger Julia said...

Have fun!
It is great to hear you are sailing again.

4:55 pm  
Blogger Richard Waite said...

So ... was it an overhaul, or was it a cleanup of the fuel injectors?

2:54 am  
Blogger Nick Ward said...

Well Dick, it was neither - the injector pump feeds fuel through what they call delivery valves then into the injectors. The valves have rubber o rings, these had hardened over time and needed to be replaced. It's quite simple but removing the valves requires a special socket and a big torque wrench. Once you do that, there's about six little parts to lift out and not drop into the bottom of the boat - the guy had a neat litle magnet tool to lift them until he got to the o rings. Replace, reasemble. Four valves took twenty minutes. Very nice.

Oh, and yes, the boat sa=tays in the water all winter since winters are mild and with our heater we could go for wekend trips when the weathers nice.

6:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home